Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Samateh Grateful to be the Best


Samateh
By Alhagie Panneh

The Sports Journalists of the Gambia (SJAG) 2010 player of the year Lamin Sarjo Samateh who plies his football trade for the Gambian league one team Samger expressed his glee for winning the SJAG award for the second time.
Samateh who was shortlisted along side with Buba Jallow alias Melles and Dawda Bah, won the 2009 best play’s award at the friendship hostel, again won the Paradise FM player of the year and again voted as the best among hundreds of players in the GFA league as the best at the Jerma Hotel’s hall during the SJAG 2010 award.
Speaking to The Daily News Sport on Monday at SK East mini stadium after helping his side in defeating Wallidan, Samateh confessed that he is not at his best form compared to last year’s, adding that football is like that sometimes you lose form.
“The honour is a pleasure for me as a player, it also motivates me to do more to win more honours and that is exactly what I will do. I always learned from my fellow players and listen to instruction from my coaches,” said Samateh.
Despite winning the player of the year for two consecutive times, Samateh who is yet to help his side win the GFA league one said both his contenders Meles and Dawda Bah are his friends.
“It is a well deserving award to me by looking at the number of goals I scored, coupled with lots of assistance to my team mates. I really deserved it after all,” said Samateh.
Samateh further went on to reveal his ambition to play at international level with some big names in football.

No comments:

Post a Comment