Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

King Colley Resigns as BYSC President

King Kolley
President of Brikama Youth and Sports Committee (BYSC), Lamin King Colley has tendered his resignation as the president of the BYSC last Tuesday.

King who is well known in both Brikama and the Gambia’s football arena was about to quit from BYSC recently but the executive committee could not let him go due to his experience and credibility.

Now that he is the 2nd vice president of the Gambia’s Football governing body, Gambia Football Association, GFA, he decided to quit by tendering his resignation letter which reads;

“Mr Secretary General, you may recall, sometime ago that I did tender my resignation to you, which was overruled by your executive.
Based on this fact of constitutional requirements, which of course I accepted; it is based on the fact that it has fallen in the Nawettan season with limited time. I decided to wait until after the completion of the Nawettan, which is now due. On that note, I now deeply regret to inform you about my decision to resign as the president of this important committee.
Please General Secretary, extend my regret to all the executive members, and I shall work with you for the development of sport and youth empowerment in this town, Brikama - my motherland - and West Coast Region as a whole.
Forgive me in any way that I may have offended you during my tenure in office and I have also forgiven you for any offence you may have caused me.”
During his impressive spell as BYSC president, King registered numerous successes ranging from the establishment of a formidable first division football club, Brikama United, that is currently taking part in the country’s top flight football league; the creation of an artificial turf in Brikama with two pavilions, a conference hall and an office, basketball and volleyball lawns; table tennis set; 10 golf softballs; wheelchair for the Paralympic committee; Makasutu female football team; plot of land situated along Kassa Kunda highway among other significant contributions.
Meanwhile, Pa Manneh, another BYSC executive member, has also called it quit citing workload as the reason for his resignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment