Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

Gambian Young Talent wins German U15 Best Player Award

´I am playing with the aim of reaching the top, I want to be a professional player
and represent my country, the Gambia in the future.
Gambian Top Talent Lamin Touray, Wins U15 National League and Cup Award in Germany with Borussia Dortmund U15
Lamin Touray, Borussia Dortmund´s Gambian born youth player has been celebrated and awarded best German U15 player in the 2016/17 footballing season, after helping his team win both the U15 league and the super cup.
His team emerged top in the German U15 league, in which Lamin was so influential, he also help the team beat Preußen Münster by 3:1 in the U15 super cup final.

Lamin, 14, a son to Gambian parents was born in Basse Dambpa Kunda, later moved with his parents to Dortmund, Deutschland at the age of 4, where he is up to date residing.
The young left attacker, who puts on the number 19 jersey, joined the Borussia Dortmund youth two years ago and since then emerged as a regular starter. He have scored 11 goals and provided numerious of assists in the last football campaign as Dortmund U15 player.
The Club see Lamin as one of the best Talents in the youth teams  from Borussia Dortmund. ´´ He gets a great potential and if given the necessary support, he could be a great player in the near future when he works hard for the Dream Bundesliga.
In his two-year be ther with Borussia Dortmund youth team, he played against other teams in Europe (Arsenal,Ajax, Real Madrid, Benfica Lissabon, RSC Anderlecht and more... and he is scoring and providing assists to his teammates, he is just a fantastic player, say people at the games/tournaments.
Speaking to this reporter, lamin said he was very happy and honored to win such an important award with 14 years. ´´I am very happy to win this award (see picture),  my teammates/Coach and family for the support rendered to me in my two year time in the youth team from Borussia Dortmund , Thank you to all´´ he said.
´´I am playing with the aim of reaching the top, I want to be a professional player and represent my country, the Gambia in the future.
Reacting to Marco Reus´ comparission, the lad said, ´´when I play, my friends and other people say to me that I play like Reus. Am not trying to copy his style of play but rather playing my onw way and trying to be myself,´´ he said. But that does not stop him to voice out his admiration to France international Ousman Dambele as his star player.
Asked about Gambian football, he said he does not know much about Gambian football now, but his future dream is to represent the tiny country in major competitions like African Cup of Nations and World Cup. When Gambia National Trainer U17 me need, i will come for the U17 National Team Gambia, that would make me very proud and my family.
Lamin does not only play football but he is also a Grade 8 student at a high school in Dortmund, and he speaks fluent Mandinka and Deutsch.

By Abdoulie Nget, Kressbronn, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment